Annick is hiring! Digital Marketing & Publicity Associate
Digital Marketing & Publicity Associate
Annick Press is hiring! We’re looking for an enthusiastic children’s book lover to join our team. The position is full-time, permanent, and based in Toronto, with a salary range of $37,000-$45,000 per year.
Who We Are
Founded over 40 years ago, Annick Press is one of Canada’s most dynamic and enterprising children’s book publishers. Annick is home to many beloved, bestselling and critically acclaimed titles including The Paper Bag Princess, Red Is Best, and Fatty Legs. We publish 20-25 books per year, and our editorial vision has always been to publish books that reflect the society we live in, and to help enrich and inform the conversations happening in the real world. We aim to engage kids and spark a lifelong love of reading. We’re a collegial and agile team. We’re committed to pursuing equity in our books and with our staff; applications are encouraged from equity-seeking, marginalized and underrepresented groups.
Who You Are
You’re a creative thinker who is passionate about promoting children’s books. You want to be a valued, equal contributor to a dedicated, mission-driven team. You’re excited about reaching readers digitally and you’re familiar with a variety of digital marketing tools (or are enthusiastic about learning). You pay attention to details and are committed to getting things done.
You will be responsible for managing and growing Annick’s digital publicity and marketing. You’ll help develop marketing and promotion plans for Annick Press’ brands and books. You’ll report directly to the Marketing and Publicity Director. Your work will increase brand awareness, readership, and profitability of Annick Press in North America.
- Digital marketing (40%)
- Manage and develop all of Annick Press’ digital contact points, including social media accounts, email marketing, and digital reading communities to increase brand awareness, sales and community engagement.
- Work with freelance creators to create engaging digital content for general consumers and gatekeepers (educators, librarians, booksellers) to help Annick’s books find their audiences.
- Keep on top of digital media trends to identify new promotional and partnership opportunities; measure and report on the success of your digital marketing plan.
- Digital publicity (30%)
- Use digital-only media outreach to increase sales and brand awareness.
- Develop and execute creator events and programming (virtual and in-person). ○ Provide other publicity support.
- Marketing strategy and input (15%)
- Assist with developing creative and innovative title-specific and company-wide marketing strategy.
- Provide marketing input on prospective and not-yet-published books to help choose the titles that will most drive growth.
- Resource development (10%)
- Manage Annick’s book resources, including activity sheets and educator guides to add value to our books and increase loyalty with educators and other stakeholders.
- Maintain and develop a group of diverse freelance resource writers.
- Catalogue coordination (5%)
- Coordinate Annick’s seasonal catalogue twice a year, helping get the catalogue ready for key sell-in dates.
- Enthusiastic, highly collaborative, team player with exceptional creativity, problem solving, and decision making ability
- Resourceful under pressure, with the ability to take initiative
- Prioritize multiple projects under tight timelines
- Strong time management, organizational and planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an aptitude for presenting data and leading through storytelling
- Familiarity with a variety of social media platforms
- Familiarity with email marketing platforms an asset
Applications are encouraged from equity-seeking, marginalized and underrepresented groups. Annick Press is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To find out more about Annick Press visit annickpress.com. Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and covering letter to AsiyaA (at) annickpress.com by December 28, 2020, 5 pm ET.