Annick Sales and Marketing Internship Opportunity:
We're looking for a children's book lover to join the team!
Position: Sales and Marketing Internship
Start date: January 5, 2021
Application deadline: December 8, 5 pm ET
Hours: Full time, Mondays-Fridays, 35 hours per week
Founded over 40 years ago, Annick Press is one of Canada’s most dynamic and enterprising children’s book publishers. Currently, Annick is offering a paid ($6000) 12-week placement position for a sales and marketing intern working with the Rights and Sales Director, and the Marketing and Publicity Director. Applications are encouraged from equity-seeking, marginalized and/or underrepresented groups.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the creation of sales materials (writing newsletters, sales kits, etc.) and presentations; helping to ensure all material is prepared for virtual sales meetings, virtual conferences, and virtual trade events
- Assisting with marketing campaigns, including Paper Bag Princess Day 2021 and Fall 2021 title marketing
- Researching promotional partners and niche media for marketing campaigns
- Assisting with social media and virtual promotional events
- Cataloguing of foreign sales for Annick’s rights database, website updates and publicizing new sales to co-agents, scouts and through industry journals like Publishers Weekly and The Quill & Quire
- Maintaining Annick’s online reading and reviewing communities (NetGalley, GoodReads, Edelweiss)
- Monitoring Annick’s books’ metadata insights for marketing and sales purposes
Key skills, characteristics, and capabilities:
- A close eye for detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MS Word, Excel (working knowledge of MailChimp is an asset)
- Previous experience working in sales is desirable, but not essential
- A keen interest in children’s books
Applications are encouraged from equity-seeking, marginalized and/or underrepresented groups. The successful candidate will be a detailed, well-organized, creative self-starter with strong communication skills who enjoys working in a cooperative environment. Annick Press is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To find out more about Annick Press visit annickpress.com.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and covering letter to AsiyaA (at) annickpress.com by December 8, 2020, 5 pm ET.
We gratefully acknowledge Ontario Creates and the Ontario Book Publishers Organization for their support with this initiative.